Commerce is a study of business, accounting and marketing activities. Students can choose this field if they have a real interest in their subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies and Economics.
The students also get acclimatised to Computerized Accounting System in class XI and XII. The Computerized Accounting System has emerged as a compulsory component which should be mandatorily learned by students of class XI. This will equip students with the necessary technical expertise that will stand them in the goo stead for the future. With the world of accounting fast getting computerised, it is essential for the students to get a hands-on practical experience on all the core aspects.
A full-fledged knowledge on Accountancy at an early stage introduces students to the world of business. It basically emphasizes on strengthening the fundamentals of the subject. The objective is to impart and develop skills that are essential for designing need-based accounting database for maintaining book of accounts.
• Familiarizing students with new and emerging areas in the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
• To impart knowledge on basic accounting concepts and accounting standards.
• To enhance the skills of designing need-based accounting database.
• To increase awareness on the role of ICT in business operations
• To ensure that students develop a deep understanding on important aspects such as business transactions and preparation of financial statements.
• To ensure that the students have a sound knowledge on accounting for Not-for-Profit organizations, Partnership firms and Company accounts.
The subject encompasses a host of projects and activities that offer learners the opportunities to explore both economic issues that occur in the daily life s well as those that are broader and invisible. The knowledge and skills they develop during the process of learning will enable them to develop projects and activities. The syllabus also provides opportunities to use information and communication technologies to facilitate their learning process.
The objective of the course is to introduce learners to the basic ideas and principles of Psychology. Dealing with psychological knowledge and practices which are contextually rooted, the emphasis of the course is to create interest and exposure that the students who are passionate about Psychology require to develop their knowledge base further. The course stresses on intricate aspects such as the complexity of behavioural processes. A good insight into these aspects will dispel simplistic cause-effect thinking.
The course also encourages critical reasoning skills in each student. It illustrates clearly how changes in our behavioural patterns are linked to Biology. Unlike other subjects, the curriculum of psychology encompasses many case studies, narratives, experiential exercises, analyses of common everyday experiences etc.
● To develop an appreciation of the human mind and behaviour in the context of learners’ immediate society and environment.
● To develop in learners an appreciation of the nature of psychological knowledge and its application to various aspects of life.
● To enable learners to become perceptive, socially aware and self-reflective.
● To facilitate students’ quest for personal growth and effectiveness, and to enable them to become responsive and responsible citizens.
The different courses expose the students to various streams of the discipline of Political Science: Political Theory, Indian Politics and International Politics. Comparative Politics and Public Administration- are accommodated at different places in these courses. In introducing these streams, special care has been taken not to burden the students with the current jargon of the discipline. The basic idea here is to lay the foundations for a serious engagement with the discipline and help develop proficiency in the subject to help prepare them for higher education, learning and knowledge.